I had quite the eventful week, full of new opportunities and - though I had no idea how profound they might be - new adventures. What started off as a simple writing retreat ended with a little opportunity that involved a touch of laughter, a little bit of welding, and a midnight run to In-and-Out Burger all in the parkinglot of an abandoned warehouse in North Las Vegas. And, though at times it was a little intense for this control-freak girl, I didn't walk away empty handed...
Here are five of the (very!) precious jewels I collected from my adventure:
1. Smashed Frosted Mini-Wheats look an awful lot like sawdust. - Don't ask, lets just leave it at that. Haha!
2. Good friends are priceless.
3. Good friends with special skills and a full toolbox are even better. - Especially when they drive 6 hours to help you out!
4. Don't judge a firearm-brandishing, redneck, vocabulary-challenged stranger by his cover... he just might be a gentleman. And, he might even be the answer to your prayers.
5. You don't need to wait til the 4th of July for fireworks, just fire up the welder at midnight and watch the sparks fly.