We hosted a brunch a couple of weeks ago, serving upwards of 70 people. A crowd that size demanded a quick, easy main dish that could be prepared before hand. This Casserole was perfect. Make it the night before and simply bake in the morning.
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Casserole (*Sugar free if your bread is sugar free)
8 slices of bread
1 1/2 lbs ground sausage, browned and drained
2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Butter bread. Remove crusts and cut into cubes.
2. Place bread in bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
3. Cover with cooked sausage, then top with grated cheese.
4. Beat eggs, milk, salt and dry mustard together. Pour over sausage/cheese.
5. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from fridge. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for additional 15 minutes.