Monday, October 31, 2016

Take the Stairs - 7 Steps to Achieving True Success

This book rocked my world. Seriously, if you're looking for a kick in the pants, Mr. Vaden delivers!

In the process of trying to keep all my balls in the air, I feel like I have been in a constant state of falling short on my goals and running late on my to-do lists. When I stumbled on this book I knew I had to read it ASAP. But with a shed to finish and cold weather on the horizon, where was I going to find the time to sit and read? Lucky for me, I didn't have to. With a hammer in my hand and a tool belt on my waist, I plugged my earbuds in and listened to the audio.

The tips Mr. Vaden gives are brilliant! In fact, I loved this book so much I will be purchasing a print copy to love and mark-up, and share in discussion with my husband and our children. There is great value here for teenagers, young adults, and those of us who claim maturity. We plan to discuss it, one chapter a week, as a family. Yeah, its that good.

From the back of the book:

Do you ride the escalator-or take the stairs?
No matter how you define success, it always requires one thing: self-discipline. But as popular speaker and strategist Rory Vaden explains, we live in an "escalator world"-one that's filled with shortcuts, quick fixes, and distractions that make it all too easy to slide into procrastination, compromise, and mediocrity. What seems like an easier path is really much harder in the end-and, most important, it won't take you where you want to go.
How do successful people stay focused and achieve results? This lively and insightful guide presents a simple program for taking the stairs-that is, for overcoming the temptations of quick fixes and procrastination, conquering creative avoidance, and transcending personal setbacks in order to tackle the work that leads to real success.
Whatever your goals are, Rory Vaden's proven approach will get you there-one stair at a time.


Check it out on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...