Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Trimming out the windows

 This week's project: Paint the living room and TRIM OUT THE WINDOW. 

Why? Because trim work is my favorite! My goal is to trim every window in my house... which, because we have a lot of big windows, is a LOT of trim :) 


There are a lot of styles in which you could trim out a window. Mine is a Cambridge/Craftsman hybrid with an 8" top casing and a 1/4" fillet.  (The lighting in this room is tough for picts, so I attached a picture from online below to give you an idea what it looks like.) 


Total cost: About $30 (not including the paint and caulk which I already had)
Total time: a few hours 
Total impact: Huge! This is a simple way to add architectural impact to your home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...