Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bionicle

"So, I was modifying my Bionicle the other day, when I thought to myself: What can I do to modify myself?"

Those words have been stuck in my mind all afternoon. Who'd have ever thought that the one of the most touching sermon's I've ever heard would come from a kid? No joke. A boy not more than maybe 9 or 10 years old stood up to the pulpit and delivered a little sermon on self improvement. "Self-modification doesn't just happen," the young boy taught. "You have to want it. You can't just decide to change and expect it to happen. You have to work for it. You have to work every day."

I wish I could credit the boy for his brilliant insight, but we were just visitor's in his ward - there for the purpose of my nephew's daughter's baby blessing. The boy's parent's no doubt cringed a little when he started his testimony with a Bionicle reference, but for what it's worth, he not only caught my attention for the moment, he's managed to keep it all day.

What can I do to modify myself? What do I need to change? How can I be better? And, most importantly, am I willing to work for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...