Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finding Your Creative Place

What do dirt caked hands, rocky roads, a cozy leather chair, and a clean home have in common?

At first glance, not a whole lot. But, for me, they are all closely linked. Though very different in nature, they all work together seamlessly. Not one without the other could hold the same power that all four possess together...

Now you're thinking this is all just crazy talk! Stephanie is officially off her rocker, right? (Okay, well maybe, but that's a completely different discussion!) 

So, here it is - that common thread - All of these activities/places claim rights to nurturing my creativity. I do my best thinking and planning while gardening. Some of my most creative ideas spark while I'm four-wheeling over mountains and through beautiful back country. And, they all flow from my head, through my fingers, and ultimately onto my laptop while I lounge in my cozy leather chair. But, the biggest key to my creativity is a clean home! .... And, by clean I mean organized, quiet, and distraction free!

I think we all need a creative place... or at very least a productive place. For some that place may not be a physical location, but a mental state. For others - like me - it is both. Whatever the case may be, finding a creative place doesn't have to be hard. In fact, it's pretty easy and highly rewarding!

If you don't have one already, I encourage you to find a creative place, a productive place, or at minimum, an escape-from-the-world place. Cuddle up with a book, scratch around on a pad of paper, plant a garden, build a beautiful cake, take a photograph, break out your watercolors, or paint a picture with words. 

Everyone has some inner creativity waiting to be nurtured. Whatever your "thing" is, do it! Make it a priority! Visit your creative place often! 


I highly cherish the places of my creativity and look forward to any fraction of time I get to escape there. So on that note I bid adieu for the day... There's a cozy leather chair in a clean, quiet house with my name on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...