Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer 2012 Recap

Summer's not quite over, but after an over 6 week hiatus from my blog I though it was high time I filled you in on what I've been up to. And rather than tell you, I think it's better just to show you: 

I witnessed a beautiful wedding...
Rachel & Kevin 6/29/12

Danced with a hot cowboy!!


Went to the Family History Museum, FBI Headquarters in SLC, and boating 
with our awesome ward for Youth Conference.              

Awed at my beautiful niece's enthusiastic testimony as we sent her off with 
hugs and smiles to serve an 18 month mission for the LDS church.  


Witnessed the inaugural execution of the Worlton Family Polar Plunge at Fish Lake, UT.  
8 teenagers + 50 degree water = one hilarious afternoon!  


Went to my first ever Scout camp where I met Elder Robert K. Dellenbach, LDS General Authority....
BSA GSL D29 Board w/ Elder Dellenbach, 7/23/12

Nearly blew away as I watched a Blackhawk Helicopter land in front of 1000 eager Boy Scouts...

Got face-to-face with a live eagle named Liberty....

Met the very delightful Thurl Bailey 
& was honored to have him invite me to have my picture taken with him.  
Thurl Bailey & Stephanie Worlton, D29 Scout Camp,  7/29/12

Felt my tummy tickle while I watched my excited 10 year old fly high in the sky-diving simulator. 
7/30/12

Witnessed another beautiful wedding!!!
Sarah & Chaun 7/28/12

Went to my "ump-teenth" Girls Camp, where we giggled, lost sleep, and had many great experiences including A HUG from Sister Elizabeth Ann Takasaki...  

Listened to the amazing vocals of Jenny Phillips (also at Girls Camp). 


And - while spending 26 of the last 52 nights away from home - 
I took the time to watch a sunset or two and give thanks for the blessed life I've been given! 




2 comments:

  1. What a fun summer!! --Where is your niece serving her mission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's headed to the Spokane, Washington, Spanish speaking mission! We are so proud of her. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...