This easy to make chocolate toffee brittle is a favorite treat at our house. We call it "chocolate crack" because its addicting! I dare you to eat just one!
What you will need:
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips work too)
- 1 cup crushed pecans
Ten easy steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with nonstick spray.
3. Line foiled cookie sheet with a single layer of crackers. (A standard sized cookie sheet should hold 35 crackers.)
4. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan on stove. Cook on med-high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Pour butter/brown sugar mix evenly over crackers.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes (I'd err on the side of 13 minutes because 15 is a bit much in my oven. Be careful not to burn it.)
7. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Allow the chips to melt for a minute or so, then spread evenly across crackers.
8. Sprinkle with crushed pecans.
9. Refrigerate 1 hour.
10. Remove from fridge and break into pieces.
(*I lied. There are eleven steps.) #11. ENJOY!