Thursday, May 8, 2014

If books had soundtracks....

About the time I finished edits for All the Finer Things, Dierks Bently kindly put out the perfect soundtrack for it. Nice of him, right? And without even ever talking to me about it. He must just be psychic*wink*,  or I'm psychic, or we're both... well lets not go there. :)   If only I'd had it during the writing process I could've listened to it over and over for inspiration. As it is, every time it comes up on my playlist, I stop and think about Ammon Carter. This song - particularly the first verse, sums him up pretty perfectly. 

It's just an old beat up truck,
Some say that I should trade up
Now that I got some jangle in my pocket.
But what they don’t understand
Is it's the miles that make a man.
I wouldn’t trade that thing in for a rocket.
What they don’t know is my dad and me–
We drove her out to Tennessee
And she’s still here and now he’s gone
So I hold on.

To the things I believe in
My faith, your love, our freedom
To the things I can count on
To keep me going strong








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...