Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wonhundred Word Wednesday: A love/mystery two-fer

I slacked off last week on my Wonhundred Word Wednesday post. Sunshine, good friends, and time-out in Moab, Utah tend to have that effect. Rather than backdating a post for last week, however, I'll just do a two-fer this week. I like two-fers. They make me smile. 


Today's prompt: The truth about love is.... 


When he takes my hands in his, time stops.

When he says my name, my knees buckle.

When he looks into my eyes I feel like I’m floating, though my feet never leave the ground.

It’s the strangest of all senses, like you’re in control, but you’re not. It’s crazy butterflies in your chest and confidence in your mind. It’s falling and soaring at the same time. It’s putting all your faith in someone hoping beyond hope that he gives it back. And, when he does… no other truth is as pure, as fulfilling, as all encompassing as love is.



Last week's prompt:  You find a box in the attic that isn't yours. 


I stumbled up the dark stairs. They were steeper than anything built by today’s building codes. I assume in 1894 codes didn’t exist. Neither, apparently, did people with long, gangly legs like mine.

There was no lightswitch at the top. Clearly when electricity had been added, they didn’t think to run it to the attic. I opened the flashlight app on my iPhone. Dust, cobwebs, and a single, handcarved trunk illuminated the space. Curiously, the trunk sat alone in the center of the room as if it’d been deliberately placed there. But by who? For who?

I turned the key.


Don't forget to visit these other blogs to read their awesome 100 word stories: 


1 comment:

  1. The first one is beautiful. Such a romantic, sigh-worthy description of love. It really pulls you into that feeling.

    The box in the attic one is just unfair. I want to know what's in the box! However, I adore your writing. Especially the line: "I assume in 1894 codes didn’t exist. Neither, apparently, did people with long, gangly legs like mine." A great way to get in character description, a bit of information on the house, and a touch of humor. Loved it ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...