Friday, September 27, 2013

Books I read this summer

Welcome to this week's Friday Five. If you are new here, Friday Five is nothing more than a short (hahaha) list of five random(ish) things. They might be favorites, thankfuls, pet peeves, or frankly whatever else strikes me on any given Friday.  


After a busy summer, I'm ready (I think?) to get back into the swing of things... And, what better way than to share with you FIVE BOOKS I READ THIS SUMMER



On your marks, get set, go...


1I, Spy by Jordan McCollum - Fast paced. Fun! Perfect escape read. 
Click on picture to read my full blog post about I, Spy

2. Fight For Me by Misty Moncur - Book #2 in the Stripling Warrior series. An awesome fictional story about a Lamanite girl who wants to be a part of Helaman's 2000 stripling warriors. 
Book #1 (a must read before book #2!) click on cover art to read my review
Book #2!!! Fight For You
3. The Book of Mormon  - All 500 plus pages in 50 days! Whew! What an experience. Completely new and fascinating (though I've read it many times before) to read it so quickly. And, yep, you guessed it: for 50 days my family had to listen to me talk about what I was learning and experiencing. YOU'VE NOT TRULY EXPERIENCED THE BOM UNTIL YOU'VE READ IT LIKE A NOVEL. Start today! Do It! Yes, DO IT! 

4. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom - I've been waiting to read this for quite some time, so when it hit my daughter's high school summer reading list, I stole (I mean "borrowed") it from her. Mitch Albom never disappoints. 



5. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - Also on my daughter's summer reading list. Though I read this when I was in high school, I thought I'd give it another go-around to see what maturity - or at least age - has done to my perspective. Honestly, I think I liked it better when I was younger. The whole time I read, especially knowing that my daughter would be reading it after me, I wished I could take a sharpie to all the bad language and black it out. Tell me, friends, WHY IS THIS A CLASSIC? The language is harsh and honestly unnecessary. The story, I believe, is nothing revolutionary either. I don't know, maybe it's just the mom in my talking, but this is one "required" read I'd like to get rid of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...