Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Trusted by Krista Wayment

Today I've got author Krista Wayment as a guest on Kreating Krazy. Her debut middle grade fantasy Dragons' Trust Book One: Trusted is now available. 


First, a little about her book... 


The legends are true, dragons speak.

Renick, the fifth son of a dragon breeder, crashes into an unexpected adventure that challenges everything he thought he knew about dragons, history, and himself.

Stranded in the massive Helath forest, Renick meets two other passengers: Thane, a noble training to be a dragon knight, and Lainey, the orphaned niece of a healer. Together they survive an attack by vicious wolves, rescue a baby dragon with a broken wing, and escape from a band of dragon hunters as they make a perilous climb into the mountains. What they discover there will change everything.


Available now in Paperback and  Kindle.



I've got some serious dragon and magic lovers at my house. I'm sure my eleven year old is going to eat this story up! I'm interested to know what it is about Dragon's that Krista loves. Here's what she says: 

The breathe fire. Okay, that's not the only reason but you have to admit it is pretty cool. They can also fly. It's really hard to put into words (a funny thing for a writer to say), but dragons just inspire me.

Often dragons are portrayed with a sense of ancient wisdom. I like the idea of creatures that live a very long time and because of that they have all this wisdom that can only be gained from experience.

Other times dragons are the villains--also cool. Slaying a dragon can be immensely difficult so when the hero finally conquers the fiery beast when know he has accomplished something great.

If dragons were real I would want one as a pet or a friend. The things I would most want to do with my dragon pal is go flying. I admit I find that ironic since I hate flying and am terrified of heights. But yes, I would like to fly on the back of a dragon. Also, I would figure out a way to have my dragon help me get my chores done.


Q -  Why did you decide to write for young readers (aka Middle Grade)?

When I was growing up I kind of skipped the whole middle grade section of the library and went straight to adult. Mostly because that is where I found the best Science Fiction and Fantasy books. Later, when I was all grown up I kind of "discovered" middle grade books and fell in love. So I decided to try my hand at writing one and loved that even more.

Q -  What is your favorite book (that you haven't written)?

That's a tough one because I have read so many books that I love. I'll mention just a few. First, The Blue Sword by Robin McKinely and second, The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander. They have both inspired my writing a lot.

Q -  Where do you write?

Where ever my laptop happens to be. My busy and chaotic life demands that I be mobile and flexible. It works for me.

Q -  Other than reading and writing, what else do you do?

I'm a mom and part-time computer programmer. Those are my main "jobs," other than writing. I also really enjoy playing video games (especially Zelda) and crocheting.

Displaying author.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...