Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 15 - A Miraculous Gift

It was the spring of 2009. My then six year old son was exercising his independence by helping make his lunch. He'd successfully maneuvered the opener around a can of applesauce. Reaching for the newly released lid, he grabbed the sharp edge and in a single clean swipe, took off the top of his thumb.

The following spring in an equally random event, he took off the top of one of his fingers.


Today my son has two complete hands. Why? Because the human body is a miraculous organism with incredible, intricate, and frankly, astonishing, healing abilities.

Like my son, I have had my share of injuries. I've had more incidents/traumas than I can possibly remember and more stitches than I could ever count. I've delivered four babies - each miracles of their own right!  I've had my share of aches and pains, bumps and bruises - and yet, day after day this perfectly imperfect, miraculous mechanism we call a body, continues to self-repair and recuperate.

I am grateful for a divinely designed body - complete with it's little idiosyncrasies and imperfections. I am grateful for it's power to heal and repair. Our bodies are truly a gifts from a miraculous, loving creator - Gifts that deserve our utmost care and respect, no doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...