Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 25 - Boy Scouts

The Boy Scout program recently celebrated its 100th birthday in the United States. Though some may feel it's an antiquated program, I am grateful for the role it has played in the development of my husband and sons. This weekend, in particular, I am grateful for the Boy Scout program. 

Saturday was my oldest son's Eagle Court of Honor... and, yes, I am one proud mama. But more than that pride, I am grateful for an institution that sets high standards for our youth and helps mold our boys in to honorable men. I am grateful for a program that teaches the value of setting goals and achieving them. I am grateful for an institution that supports the Constitution of our great country. I am grateful for it's unwavering promotion of God and faith. I am grateful for the myriad of skills learned and the memories made through hands-on adventures. I am grateful for the men and women who donate their time, energy, expertise, and in many cases money, to help our young men have quality experiences. And, I am grateful for the small role I've been able to play, hopefully "making the difference in the life of a boy." 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...