Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day One - My Better Half

I've decided to take on the challenge of posting each day this month one thing for which I am grateful. Coming up with 30 things is not hard for me, because, honestly, I have much gratitude for the many blessings in my life. Posting on my blog EVERY DAY for 30 days, however, may be a futile challenge! 

Day One:
When I count my BLESSINGS, I count him TWICE!

Many moons ago, when I was young, spunky, and perhaps even a bit foolish, I met an equally young, kind of quiet, and very wise (I mean, obviously: he married me!) young man. Little did either of us know at that tender age just how intertwined our futures would become.

Even then, he was different from the other guys I knew. The first time he tenderly kissed my forehead, I was a goner.  That soft-spoken, kind, and oh, so very patient boy was exactly what this loud-mouthed, opinionated, handful of a girl needed. He balanced me perfectly - and, four kids and seventeen years of marriage later, he still does.

He is the anchor that keeps this OCD nut sane. His patience is impeccable, his devotion unmatched. His constant pursuit of faith and knowledge inspire me. His wisdom humbles me. His laughter recharges me and his smile melts my soul! Today and everyday, I am grateful for my Ryan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...