Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 23 - My Prerogative

Daily I count the blessings that make it possible for me to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I am grateful that my husband's employment provides us with the necessities of life so that I don't have to punch a time clock. I am grateful that I get to spend my time with my children and that I am in a position to always be able to put my family first. I am thankful that I get to make my own writing schedule and that I have a publisher that isn't overly demanding of my time. I am thankful that the only boss I have to answer to is myself (although, I'm probably the most demanding boss I've ever had!).

If I want to take a walk - I take my camera. If I want a new piece of art work - I paint a picture. If a book is calling my name - I read it. If my muse is speaking - I write. I'm grateful that I can dictate the manner in which I spend my days and the order in which I prioritize the things on my to-do list.

Yes, I am a girl with a prerogative and I'm not afraid to use it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...