Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day Five - Right to Vote

Last week, armed with facts, figures, and my personal convictions, I ventured to my polling place and took advantage of the great opportunity to cast my vote. I'm not into partisan politics and rarely do I find myself aligned with one party or the other, but as a CITIZEN of the United States, I am grateful for the RIGHT TO VOTE. 


Whether you swing blue or red or somewhere in between, the RIGHT TO VOTE is a privilege and a responsibility none of us should take lightly. While there is no perfect candidate for any office, as an American people we have the responsibility to do our research, learn the facts, and make a decision based on our own findings and opinions. 

On the eve of the 2012 elections, I am thankful to live in a country where my voice counts. Indeed, as a citizen of this great country, I am grateful for the right to vote! 

"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." = Franklin D. Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...